Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Gothic Tale

Sheldon: You know, I've always wanted to go to a goth nightclub.
Howard
: Really?
Sheldon
: Bazinga! You never see any of my practical jokes coming, do you?

I discovered the show "The Big Bang Theory" this spring and our DVR is set to record as many episodes as possible. I know. I am behind the times. And now I have hooked my entire family on the show.



Just this past weekend we caught episode three of the third season "The Gothowitz Deviation" in which Howard and Raj dress in goth outfits, complete with arm tattoo sleeves to go cruise a goth bar and pick up goth chicks.

I am about as goth as they are. While black is undeniably the most prevalent color in my wardrobe, I don't think I could pull off the look. Or the attitude.

I made these earrings called "A Gothic Tale" with some great pewter cast crosses from Lynn Davis Pewter Fauxtiques. I actually made the sterling silver ear wires myself! Pretty proud of that fact.


I think that I could get away with a more refined goth look in this sleek sheath dress by David Meister with an illusion lace sleeve that looks like I might be just a little badder than I really am.


Erin Prais-Hintz invites you to go on a journey of inspiration at her blog Treasures Found :: Inspiration is Everywhere. You can view a gallery of her work at http://www.tesoritrovati.com/ or purchase her popular line of 'Simple Truths' in her Etsy shop.

2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at some of your comments about your not-so-goth self.

    Your earrings are gorgeous and I'm so impressed with your handmade sterling earwires!!

    And by the way, I've never watched this show. I already have many favorites and try not to load myself down with more for fear of becoming a part of the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the earrings! So elegant! And very gothic, both in the classic and popular sense. And that dress is a knockout.

    ReplyDelete