Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Grungeboard Earrings


Grungeboard is defined by Tim Holtz as a compressed, flexible sheet of dingy material with a debossed texture that can be painted, inked, sanded, hammered, die-cut or grunged. You can even wash ink off with water and start again!

I first tried this technique after reading about it in Margot Potter's book "Beyond the Bead" several years ago. She had a gorgeous example of using it with stamps and I knew I had to try it! All you need are stamps, alcohol ink, and a sealer. I also used my Sizzix to cut out some other shapes like these hearts.
  
The possibilities are endless and it really is a fun project.

You can find the Fleur de Lise earrings HERE and check out some of my other designs using grungeboard.


Thanks for looking,

Kristy Abner




6 comments:

  1. thank you so much, I didn't know this material, it is beautiful, great effects to do with it!
    I'm italien, we don't have this stuff, I think I wi buy it on the shop on ine, thank you so much.
    I love the birdy earrings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cool! Love the combo of blues in the fleur-de-lis pair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous! Love the glittery crystals with that "grungy" board! What a great product, I love the way it takes the ink--very watercolor-y. And your photos are superb as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic! :) Great idea, hope to see you make more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely! Thanks for links - this looks like something very fun to try!! Great photos and gorgeous earrings, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have always loved the board materials - there are a lot out there. Beautiful job with the inks Kristy - love them all <3 JLynn

    ReplyDelete