Pages

Friday, May 7, 2021

MONKEY in the MIDDLE!

In trying to figure out what I wanted to design for today’s post, I came across these simply adorable copper enamel monkey charms from Anne Gael that I had completely forgotten about. I just love the colors and how the daisies ⚘⚘ cover the monkey🐵 faces – they make me laugh every time I look at them!

I wanted to keep these earrings as lightweight as possible, and as I went through my bead stash, I just wasn’t having that “aha” moment. And then I remembered these fun, hand-formed polymer clay flowers I made a few years ago…just maybe they would work. Since the flowers are really meant to hang horizontal (what was I thinking?), it took some engineering to attach them so they would be visible from the front.


By keeping the second “arm” of my wrapped loop long, I was able to feed it through the center of the flower and attach it to the wire above and behind it before snipping it off. Then I just worked the first “arm” as usual – walla! To keep a carefree and whimsical vibe to the design, I added a collection of copper seed beads and Czech glass on waxed linen cording to hang from beneath the flowers – super cute and fresh as a daisy!

    

I would love to hear your thoughts, and ideas for future designs!

These earrings will appear later today in my etsy shop, TwinklingOfAnEye

You can find other earrings on my fb page.

Thanks for spending a part of your day with me 🌻. See you in a few weeks, and a very HAPPY MOTHER's DAY to all the moms and special women in your lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment