Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Stargate: A Mixed Metal Twofer

Stargate
Lately I've been trying to juggle fixations on both mixed metals and colored glass beads. Right now the mixed metals are winning! Today I'm going to share two very similar pairs of earrings I made on Saturday, using fabulous brass beads I've had forEVER--so long in fact, the seller doesn't even carry them anymore (I should have bought MORE--this is why you always buy lots of them)--with some of my hand-crafted copper petal beadcaps and a dash of sterling silver. (I'm also obsessed with these metal torpedo beads--these are from Monsterslayer.) These make me think of the fabulicious costume stylings in the wonderfully weird 1994 "Stargate" film--maybe they would be worthy of Jaye Davidson...
I used a different pair of brass beads, and larger, slightly different petaled beadcaps for the pair below, and hammered the wire on some of my wraps. I think I'm going to start doing that more often, that cut end of wire on a wrap is starting to bug me...
Stargate Redux
Plus it will give me more opportunities to hammer things, which I like.
These are available in my Etsy shop.


10 comments:

  1. Both pair are amazing, you always come up with the coolest designs. Very happy to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are soooooo awesome! Excellent design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cool! Love the mixed metals and your wire wrapping is always superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both pairs of earrings are truly gorgeous---I love what you make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers with a capital W! These are amazing little works of art! Incredible details and contrasting metals. A really special set! From a true artist! And I love that you make your ear wires!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are stunning! I LOVE mixed metals and you've really nailed it! Inspired design...

    ReplyDelete