Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Basic Black

What is the main color that fills your closet? Mine has a lot of black. I don't want to be that "emo" girl who always wears black but I am drawn to it. (no offense emo girls!) I love wearing black and it's easy to fit any other color with it, so it's a good go-to accessory & clothing color. 
These earrings are another take on my beach glass/stone earrings. The only two stones I found that were so beautifully smooth and really *black. All the other stones I collected on this day were some sort of gray. I really love the look and feel of these smooth stones. 
photo by Cindy Pack free for personal use
They pair well with the silver and add a nice contrast to the metal, even in it's rustic patina'd state. 
My original idea was to have the asymmetrical rings hanging side by side. But I was inspired by some of the many asymmetrical earrings I've seen here on the EE blog and I mixed it up a bit. I'm really pleased with how they came out. 

Available at Art & Soul Jewelry 

Found black stones, handmade fine silver rings, and black stone beads from Alexanders Bead Bazaar (Seattle, WA). 

What's your go-to color? 

Peace~
Cindy 


8 comments:

  1. Very cool!! I don't think I've ever seen Black Beach Glass, it's beautiful!! I'm glad you mixed it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me so jealous with your fab beach stone stash! How fun to collect those. These are lovely, as always. Love how you worked with the different sizes of the stones to create a harmonious pair of earrings--I agree, flipping them was a good call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black IS my favorite color! It goes with everything! And I love the asymmetry of this design. Perfect for all those fall weather days with sweaters. These would be a go-to look! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your beach finds earrings shown here lately, Cindy! I'm a California girl too and these all speak to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imagine if I am on the beach with my beloved and I made this for her by using pebbles at the shore. I can guess that she would be cloud nine. Thanks for sharing this. I will be connected to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say Cindy, I too have a lot of black in my closet. I love the way you can put just about any color with black. The asymmetrical design is so cool! The matte stones with the sterling silver is so striking. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would wear these everyday! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are SO very very cool! Nothing basic about them, girl! Very striking and the flipped design works so well here! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete