Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Delicious Autumn

 “Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love - that makes life and nature harmonise. The birds are consulting about their migrations, the trees are putting on the hectic or the pallid hues of decay, and begin to strew the ground, that one's very footsteps may not disturb the repose of earth and air, while they give us a scent that is a perfect anodyne to the restless spirit. Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."

[Letter to Miss Eliot, Oct. 1, 1841]” ― George Eliot
Photo By Cindy Pack - free for personal use.
.................................................................

It doesn't get any better than this.
The beauty of Autumn melts my heart. 
Motivating me to get out everyday, to the lake.
To walk. To breathe. To see. 
And I will take it all in.
Until it is no more. 
And then I will love Winter...

 Handmade ear wires, 
Czech glass from ArtBellaSurplus on Etsy, 
Handmade Fine Silver Rings, 
and Found Sea Glass. 

Available at Art & Soul Jewelry online

Happy Fall! 
Cindy 
 

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely STUNNING earrings! Ohhhh the colors (and I see that they are sold out already, it is no surprise at all!). I would have bought them myself if they had not sold so fast. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about autumn!! Beautiful enough to make you weep, and also poignant, as it is the beginning of a kind of temporary dying away--and yet with hope embedded, because it will all come again! These earrings are delicious--I love amber and silver, the cool and warm together, and as always your silver work is luscious. Fantastic sea glass. (And wherever you took that picture is a crazy gorgeous place!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keirsten! I shot that pic at the lake by my house earlier this week. We (in Longview) are really blessed to have such a great natural place right in the middle of town. It's about 3.5 miles around to walk. A really nice place! It's my "happy place" for sure.

      Delete
    2. Oh! And that little path leads to Lions Island @ Lake Sacajawea. It gets closed up and locked in Dec. and they put up all kinds of lights and holiday decorations. It's gorgeous!!

      Delete
  3. I love autumn beyond words, too. Your earrings are gorgeous. Not surprised one bit that they sold right away! I really like the little stampings on the balled heads of the earwires. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers! Riveted sea glass? Um... yes, please! I have bags and bags of sea glass but I don't know how nor have the tools to drill holes. These are fab! Love the color! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erin! No, not riveted, just faux. :-D Those are just little rings, truth be told. And I'll tell you, the drilling became much easier for me once I bought some quality drill bits from Rio. I believe they are Swiss made. 1mm. I hope to get a demo vid shot soon. I've been saying that for a while... But you can do it! Just take your time and go slow- under water.

      Delete
  5. Amazing earrings Cindy! You really captured the essence of fall with these. Even the beach glass resembles little fall leaves. It's like you picked them up while walking around the lake and attached them to the earrings. They truly are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete