Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Something Wicked This Way Comes...

 


We're getting closer and closer to my favorite holiday of the year - Halloween. When else do we get the legal (and sane) opportunity to dress up and assume a different identify? And to celebrate all things dark, taboo, and disturbing? And to eat candy...guilt-free?






I'll admit I've always had a fascination with the darker side of life. As the saying goes, you can't have the light without the dark. I lived through quite a few dark years in my 20s, and I wholly believe that my struggles then have made my happiness now that much more sweet. So it's no coincidence that my designs reflect this fascination and respect for the dark. 

 



This pair of earrings is perfect for any time you're feeling a little brooding, a little mysterious, a little edgy. And the colors are very Halloween-ey without being cheesy: sooty grungy black pewter charms from Inviciti, vintage African bauxite trade beads, and my own mossy green polymer clay nuggets.

So start counting down the days...and make sure you've got your black eyeliner handy ;)

Happy Wednesday!
Nikki


LoveRoot on Etsy

7 comments:

  1. These are great Nikki! The clay beads match perfectly with the pewter- I would have thought they were the same material! And the African beads add just the right amount of color! Beautiful wire wrapping and I love the handcrafted ear wires! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These have just the 'right amount' of ghoulish green! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Mysterious! That book by Ray Bradbury is one of my all time faves. I re read it every few years and used to teach it to my 7th graders. These are great, crusty, unrefined (in a good way!) and totally unique! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these earrings! Crusty and perfect for Halloween. Thanks for sharing the etsy site. I see my cart getting full in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this design! Mysterious, and more 'adult' in terms of Halloween theme. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the deep olive with the black metal and brick red--your polymer nuggets are so amazingly earthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with the charms Nikki.

    ReplyDelete