Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2015

What inspires you? - Guest Malin de Koning

"What are you inspired by when you create your jewelry designs?"
We have all been asked that question, right. :-)
I myself could answer "basically anything". Nature, a film, music, art, people, other's jewelry and so on. But most of all I am inspired by the actual beads themselves and the materials I work with.


And as it happened - it was only the day after I was asked if I wanted to do a guest post here on Earrings Everyday that I received a shipment from Smitten Beads in the UK. It included a batch of large rustic pearls. I don't often work with pearls in my jewelry. But these rustic ones (oh I've bought them before in different colors) are just to die for. So it was easy to make up my mind that I would create earrings with large rustic pearls for this post. And as I am a big fan of art beads I also wanted each pair to contain at least one set of art beads. I made three pairs.

Ingredients:
Cognac brown rustic pearls
Electroplated hematite faceted square heishis
Rust red greek cog washers
Rustic Tin Works caps pins - CrowsCacheSupplies
Silver ear hooks (oxidized) - RubyMountain

Ingridients:
Electroplated hematite saucer beads
Bronze and swirly polymer clay disc - HumbleBeads
Bronze bicone bead with edge pattern - GracefulWillow
Green and yellow drop shaped rustic pearls
Copper ear hooks (oxidized) - RubyMountain

Ingridients:
Beaded beads - Malin de Koning
Olive colored rustic pearls
Patinated brass flower patterned boat shaped dangles - MissFickleMedia


All my best,
Malin de Koning



17 comments:

  1. Lovely to have you here, Malin! These are all great, but the long ones with your beads? They are especially wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Claire. It's a pleasure to be here :-). Yes I agree on the long ones. They came out really nice.

      Delete
  2. I especially love the long ones, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those rustic pearls and I love all of your creations!! Thank you for being our guest! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me Kristi! It's been a pleasure.
      :-)

      Delete
  4. They are all beautiful... though I must way the ones with your beaded beads are really breathtaking! So lovely. xo -- Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your earrings. Your designs are wonderful and my favorite is the pair with the drops from missficklemedia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pearls are a different kind of natural magic. They shimmer without being too gaudy (though sometimes gaudy is wanted). They shine when you want a quieter shine. All your creations are lovely and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well put about pearls and their shimmer. I should use them more often from no on I am thinking. Thank you so much!
      :-)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! I adore your beaded beads and the textured metal dangles! All very inspiring and the beads too. I am like you- I really get inspired with my beads and materials. Why my work space is always a wreck! I have to have everything out all the time! :-D Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do not fear the messy-ness :-). Oh yes, things often happen when the beads just happen to end up next to each other on that messy work space.
      Thank you so much Cindy!
      :-)

      Delete
  8. Malin, I have long been a fan of your work and am pleased that you have a guest post here on Earrings Everyday. I love all three of your earring designs, but my favorite is the long, lean pair with the metal components from Shannon German. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a delight to see you here, Miss Malin! Your eye for composition and color are always so pleasing. I love everything you make! I can't wait to see more from you and welcome you here to Earrings Everyday! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete