Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Garden Path Earrings

For some reason I've been feeling a bit frazzled lately, so I made a pact with myself to be intentional about spending some time in nature every day, even if it was just a walk along our garden path.  I've been pleasantly surprised at the calming effect this simple change has made this past week.
 While many of our flowers are in full bloom, others are just starting to bud.  I love the bright yellowish green of new growth.  The greens in these earrings remind me of that new growth and as well as the growth of deeper serenity in my soul.
Sue Kennedy of Sue Beads has been offering some of her beautiful lampwork glass beads for sale on her Sue Beads Facebook page. I've snapped up several lovely pairs!
This pair of lampwork glass beads was a perfect match for a pair of ceramic charms I made last weekend. The translucent green glass is accented with wisps of brown and cream, while the widest parts of the beads are decorated with a trailing of fine silver.  So pretty! I added a touch of sari silk in coordinating colors to bring some softness to the look.

For a tutorial on how to make these earrings yourself, go to Art Jewelry Elements. The earrings are available for purchase in my web shop.

6 comments:

  1. I love that bright green color and Sue's beads are such a great match. You know I always love a touch of fiber, it really makes a difference in the over all look, which is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them Linda! I love the touch of fiber too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your charms are adorable! I love the pattern and glaze you used! A real complement to Sue's beads! Lovely pairing!

    ReplyDelete