Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sailing Under The Stars

My husband and I celebrated our 42nd anniversary, last weekend, with a visit to Port Townsend, WA.  Port Townsend has been one of our favorite getaways for about 30 years now.  We love the ocean, the Victorian seaport homes, the many art galleries and the delicious restaurants.

And if all that weren't enough, PT (as the locals call it), is also home to Wynwoods Gallery and Bead Studio, one of my favorite bead shops!  The shop owner, Lois Venarchick, designs and casts her own line of metal charms.  I added these delights to my stash last weekend.
Today's earrings feature the Lois' bronze sailboat charms, which I paired with gorgeous matte lampwork beads by Out West.
I knew immediately that the charms and the beads belonged together.  Together they seem to tell a little story.  The bronze sailboats are sailing under a golden star and the blue, turquoise and black beads above the star represent the night sky. Everything feels peaceful and tranquil. It is all smooth sailing.
Lois Venarchick
Lois Venarchick
The Sailing Under The Stars earrings are available in my shop.
Lois Venarchick

10 comments:

  1. Love those charms and the Outwest beads are gorgeous, love that touch of light in them!! Fun earrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful castings! Your earrings are a lovely tribute to the shores of Washington. And I'm so happy you posted about your favorite bead shop in PT...we be traveling up there in September and I'm always on the look out for great jewelry components.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! Lois also has a great fabric and notions shop, plus a gallery of her art work - all in the same building. None of the shops are large, but she has a good eye for finding the unique.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! What a great pairing of beads and charms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful earrings! I love the sail boats! I've been hording a set myself! I was feeling really lucky to be passing though PT and realized this was where Lois's shop is! - just before closing I got to do a bit of shopping! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I LOVE love love love these earrings! Gorgeous design and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Miss Linda! May you enjoy many more happy years together! I love those sweet little charms. What a wonderful memory you have made with these earrings, of your time at the sea and your smooth sailing for 42 years. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete