Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Allurement

Would you believe that the little stone heishi beads in these earrings I just made are from one of my first ever mail-order bead catalog purchases back in the mid nineties before I even started making my own beads? I think they were from Halstead or Rings & Things. The lampworking came a few years later. I had been making seed beaded moosehide amulet bags and was always looking for suitable beads from my fringes.
Every once in awhile I revisit old stashes and so happy to put them to some new uses.
These torch fired enamel numi-sticks were a rejected custom order so I kept them for myself and was happy that they had so many possibilities for matching colors. the sticks are a much brighter crimson than appears in this photo.




I used the simple fine gauge steel wire for the messy wrap to go through the assorted heishi and sunstone and some EdenArtGlass patina jump rings to connect them and some of Lucy Haslam Faerystones "Simples" earwires.
Seems that my newest designs get snatched up the quickest, I had to say goodbye to these at our local farmers market in Fairbanks, Alaska last Saturday.

I'm hoping you all are having a great summer. My next post will be coming from the road as we will be driving from Michigan to Maine on my next scheduled day.

Stay cool! 
Kimberly



5 comments:

  1. Love the colors you've used! Great design, beautiful components! Not surprised they sold quickly. They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cindy, I was happy to break out of some of my tried and true design standards and try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! Not surprised they sold either :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect accompaniment to your amazing sticks! I love the soft colors and the twisted wire. They feel perfectly modern with an ancient spice to them. Love it. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. That patina jumpring just makes it all pop - I'm getting a spring crocus vibe from the colors - just dreamy!!

    ReplyDelete