Pages

Friday, February 2, 2018

We're All Ears :: February Inspiration :: Chandeliers

There is something so romantic about a chandelier.

They can be glitzy and glamorous or modern and streamlined or elegant and traditional or rustic and shabby chic. I actually love them all! I don't have anything nearly this fancy in my own home, but I would love to mount one of these somewhere. It would be a great conversation starter. Of course you need special space, like soaring ceilings or a grand staircase, to really pull these off. But I think a small version would be perfect over the bed or in the kitchen. Something to aspire to....



Obviously, chandeliers have clear ties to jewelry. These accessories give a room personality, just like pendants and earrings do for the wearer. There are chandelier earring parts and chandelier styles. And a lot of vinatge chandelier crystals show up in repurposed jewelry! So this is your chance to make something romantic and blingy or sculptural and simple...in whatever your preferred style. You can use one of my favorite chandeliers to inspire or go online and find the best one that you love.

Not sure what your perfect style is? Check out this fun quiz to learn what style works best for you and find a chandelier that inspires!

https://www.hudsonvalleylighting.com/StyleQuiz

See you on February 16th!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely. Very inspiring. Thank you Erin :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I just took the test.
      I got 'Bold and Glamorous'.
      Well, pretty spot on me ;-)

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to your "Bold and Glamorous" designs! <3 Erin

      Delete
  2. Hmmm...I took the test and got timeless elegance. I was happy with my photo selections when I saw them all together but the products presented after left me feeling "mehh". I think I'm a mix of styles after all
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of "Timeless Elegance"! I think that speaks to throwback styles that are refreshed for today's ears! Can't wait to see what you make!

      Delete
  3. I love chandeliers too, I have a beautiful one hanging in my kitchen of all places as we have a vaulted ceiling 😁 thank you for the inspiration. I also took the quiz and got Bold and Glamorous. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! "Bold and Glamorous" suits you to a T, Miss Suhanna! I hope to see what you make on the 16th!

      Delete
  4. That was fun; Bold and Glamorous, as well . lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No surprises there! Now it is what type of bold and what type of glamorous.... I see you as bohemian bold and riot-of-color glam, Miss Loralee! Looking forward to seeing what you create!

      Delete
  5. Erin, I will never know how your imagination continues to be so vivid and bright, month after month. You are my hero! :) Chandeliers, of course, what a perfect idea to inspire jewelry! I took the quiz, also. Interesting choices, and I was thinking, they're going to tell me I am all mixed up. lol Here is my result. "You are a 21st century exemplar of WARM MODERN!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Well, last minute scrambling usually does the trick! I was actually trying to find something romantic without being cliche, like red hearts and doilies, and somehow a chandelier caught my eye in my surfing! I think that "Warm Modern" would be a very fun one to create with. From the color to the shape! Let's see what you create!

      Delete