Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

A do-over too



It seems Jetta and I are going through the same phase: rethinking old designs.
For me it has more or less to do with space. Storage space that is.
As most of you probably know me and hubby live in a truck, converted into a mobile home. 

Which comes with limited storage space. Very limited storage space. You can imagine that this is not a good combination with my urge to hoard beads.
We live in Greece but often have to fly back to the Netherlands for our work. So, most of the time a great part of my bead collection is stored in our “bench seat” and I would only have a small working stock more easily accessible. Now you know the reason those cute ceramic bead caps pop up in almost all of my latest designs. A baggie of these is part of my working stock.

To have more choice in beads I periodically go through my stock of jewelry and make a selection of pieces which will need a re-do/make-over/re-think.

Here an example.
This older design was pretty, but didn’t actually sing. It was missing something.  Now I did have some beautiful lampwork glass beads left from an order the lovely Kate from Maya Honey made for me, for use in a very special bracelet for a very special customer.
And that’s what this design needed. And some colorful ceramic bead caps of course.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/234223013/grace-romantic-handmade-dangle-earrings?ref=shop_home_active_56

Now available in my shop.
Thank you so much for looking. And you know it by now, I love to read your comments, so don’t be shy. Let me know what you think of the new design. And if you are an artist, do you re-do/make-over/re-think your designs sometimes?


Janine
Esfera Jewelry

10 comments:

  1. These were pretty before but you have definitely given them the wow factor with your make-over. I have a small space to work in too, but at least mine is in a house so I can expand a little (and I do lol!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grin, the ever expanding bead hoard. It's not us Lesley. I think they miraculously multiply overnight. Really...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay. Although I would not recommend actually taking a bite... they are quite crunchy LOL

      Delete
  3. Janine these are just stunning! They were pretty before, but youre right - these just sing! I really love the way you put colours together. And yes i have a whole stack of things i want to re-work ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always appreciate your comment Sue, thank you for your wonderful words. Perhaps in a next post you can show us a re-work?

      Delete
  4. They’re beautiful Janine!! I also take apart old designs evey now and then, particularly when I’m suffering from a creative block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suhana. Great tip, to re-think old designs when suffering from a creative block.

      Delete
  5. Your redo earrings are just gorgeous. The ceramic bead caps really add the extra pop of color to really showcase the other pretty beads. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Kathy. I very much appreciate your comment.

      Delete