Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Bead Soup Celebration 💗

Spring comes early to Sacramento, here by the beautiful blue American River.  Things start to bloom in February--sometimes even earlier--and I've been getting the urge to make something colorful.  And bright.  And Boho.  And swingy.  And long.

Really long.   Shoulder-sweeper long.  😊  

So I pulled out some small, brightly colored beads and searched through my box of chain and came up with the perfect bead soup ingredients:  turquoise rice beads, dyed jade rondelles, faceted purple agate rounds, ocean blue jasper, multicolored faceted agate rounds, bright fuchsia Czech glass rounds, tiny brass hexagons, Japanese seed beads, and Swarovski crystals.  

I especially liked this soldered brass chain, with its large and small twisted links, because of its airiness and the way the shape of the large links mirrors the shape of the turquoise beads:



I've been busy lately with several custom orders, but these  earrings wouldn't let me rest.  They insisted that I finish them--and who was I to argue?  


The Celebration Earrings can be found
 at Two Trees Studio.

Cheers, my friends!  Happy creating, and thanks for reading!  I'll see you again in a couple of weeks.  ðŸ’—

xoxo
Meridy

My Shop

10 comments:

  1. I love how swing-y these are! I think you need to take them out dancing!!! Fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so lightweight too, Kare, that they move really nicely, and you don't feel like you have some big clunky thing in your ears even though they are long. Dancing would be fun for sure! Thanks, my love!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I so love these!! Bright, swingy, so much fun! Wonderful design Meridy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janine! I really enjoyed putting them together--just handling all the bright colors made me feel happy! 💗

      Delete
  3. Those of us in the northwoods need some color! Your beautiful earrings make me feel like spring is around the corner. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Mary! I was thinking when I was making them that after all our cold weather, we need some color! I'm ready for springy weather, and a Boholicious-colorific pair of earrings were called for! I'm so glad you like them. 💗 :)

      Delete
  4. Those are the cutest earrings... I love the American River. When my dad lived in Carmichael, we would go to the Regatas. Best times right that... Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Chelle! Our house is in the La Riviera area and backs up against the levee road, so we're a short walk from the river. The Regattas sound like fun! Hope your day is a great one too! 💗

      Delete
  5. These are beautiful Meridy, looks like you had a lot of fun putting them together ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Suhana! I really had a great time with them. I had to draw a road map before a started so I'd know how much chain to cut, how many beads I needed, and where they needed to go, and so on. It was so much fun! ❤️

    ReplyDelete