Pages

Monday, February 26, 2018

My Year to Declutter

My New Year's resolution was to pare down on some of my beady stuff. I even gave my two kids a challenge, for every toy they donate they will get a quarter. We all need motivation sometimes. I did inventory on all my beads and decided to completely empty some of my bead boxes. The first box up was my collection of Industrial Chic components.

This first pair has rustic, tribal polymer beads from Magnolia Moon Studio that I stacked on top of various seed beads on a eye pin. I let the Industrial Chic number charms dangle from the bottom.



 I love using these triangle jump rings for a more tribal look, but the beads wouldn't stay in the middle. So I dug through my Industrial Chic box and found these awesome brass double ball end wires and wrapped the bottom of the triangle to keep everything hanging the way I had envisioned.

I thought I would try and patina these metal pieces for a different look. But I found out even sanding them didn't take off enough of the factory seal for them to take a patina. I do like the scratches that the sanding created and it did allow some color stains to get traps into the scratches.



The second pair is my nod to Harry Potter. I call them 'I Open at the Close'. I used black dye to stain these charms and just added rose gold filigree with rose gold jump rings and rose gold ear wires.

 
 
Here is a photo of my Industrial Chic box. I have used two other charms for bracelets. And I have another charm I am working on for a necklace. Slowly but surely, I am getting closer to accomplishing my New Year's resolution.







Have a great week,
Jetta

12 comments:

  1. You have some wonderful components and beads to work with. Lovely earrings, both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab earrings, really love the industrial bits! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niccola! I love all the industrial bits, too. Just thought I should finally use them!

      Delete
  3. I love your earrings. And I share your resolution. I'm trying to pare down my stash too. Way too much stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I think my stuff is trying to take over ;)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Jetta, I’m a big fan of the industrial look ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suhana! And you do industrial so well, too!

      Delete
  5. Love them! Especially the Harry Potter ones. Very clever. great components. and well done for decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bunches Sue! I am excited about how much I am getting de-cluttered!

      Delete