Pages

Monday, February 12, 2018

I need a do over....

I don't know about you but I am not the greatest with change. I have been going through some of my old pieces and rethinking them. It was hard to decide if I should take any apart. But once I did force myself to choose it was freeing to see them as beads and findings then start again with fresh eyes.

My redo, 'Playing Around', was a bit more boho tribal than the original earrings. I took the amazonite drop charms and stacked Gaea ceramic lanterns and stripe glass caned discs. A little color, a little texture, and redone.


These are the earrings I took apart.They were beautiful but I feel the ceramic teardrops from Bo Hulley Ceramics are really destined for something more extraordinary. I may use them for other earrings, a bracelet, or necklace....or I might keep them in my stash pile because Ms. Bo Hulley isn't making more ceramic beads at the moment.

 
Dream big and create your heart's happiness,
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the new design Jetta! The original was pretty already, but I like the make-over much more. We are going through the same phase. I am busy re-doing many older designs at the moment (I will post one tomorrow).
    And hopefully the wonderful Ms Bo Hulley will make beads again soon...we miss her and her beads. Perhaps we can convince her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a 'do-over.' That is a great challenge! I have a bin of old projects just lying in wait for me to dig in and pull apart, make new and make better! I like the way these new earrings feel fresh and lively. Thanks for the inspiration! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I did have to push myself pretty hard to take my old projects apart. But it was very exciting once I got started.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Janine! Can't wait to see your remake tomorrow!! And we can always keep our fingers crossed for more Bo Hulley beads ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have quite a few pairs that NEED a do over. I think I am going to do this. I love the design of the new pair. And I am with you, I am not one for change at all. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chelle! I think I only took three pairs apart...I go slowly so the change isn't all at once!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a whole drawer full of items that need "doing over"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think of it as beads to play with all over again!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! The balance is just right. Loved them before but love them more now

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superlative and top notch services provider. I really like it.Silver earrings for women

    ReplyDelete