Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Unusual, Irregular and kinda Sexy

I have absolutely no idea how this design came to fruition.  The hoops were actually irregular squares to start.  Taking my pliers to them, I worked them to long ovals. I don't remember where I was going with that thought, but looking across my work bench, I saw this enameled blue chain link that I purchased at Hobby Lobby a long time ago. The two looked pretty sweet together, however I had to get creative on how to attach the links to the hoops vertically and tight so they wouldn't slide all over the place.


Unfortunately the links did not match up to the size of my hoops, (keep in mind this was a design in progress and I would have made the hoops fit to size), nevertheless, I took 28 gauge thin wire and threaded it through the links winding it over the hoop ends reinforcing with a dab of super glue.  I know....super glue?? I don't have the means to solder in my current work space, but I'll tell ya, those babies aren't going anywhere.  I added the stones of Citrine at the bottom to bring out the tones of the brass around the blue links.  I was quite thrilled with the end result.


So that's my lesson learned for the day, as it turned out on a positive note.  I plan on making more of these with different chain links and drops, the possibilities are quite endless.

Thanks for visiting and we'll see you again in two weeks,  
Lynn♥




8 comments:

  1. Thanks this post really opened my eyes. It is not only eye opening rather very beneficial for the people those who want to do something good in his life.

    earrings for girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic and I love how you described their evolution, working it out as you went rather than having a plan. I also love the sneaky use of super glue ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooww.. awesum earrings.. very elegant for daily wear.. i will give FIVE STARS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unusual components put together in to beautiful earrings. I always love hearing the process, it's so hit and miss and fun when it works in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This earring design is just so wonderful---love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are very pretty. Love how you worked the hoops and combined it with the chain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, love hearing the process. It fascinates me still. Starting with mashed around square hoops and ending like this! They're wonderful. And now you have a new design to jump off of. And I do not think the Super Glue is a horrible thing. I can't solder in my work space either; that gets done in the kitchen. Oh to have a nice studio room!! :) Wonderful as always, Lynn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just looooove these earrings Lynn. The combination of materials and colors and the way you have put them together. Love to read about the process and design sort of happening on it's own. I can totally relate to that.

    ReplyDelete