Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A bit moody

I have two pairs of earrings to show you today, both made from the same set of polymer clay beads. They're Image Beads made by Jon Burgess of JBDRusticOrganic. I really am intrigued by Jon's image beads. This particular set is a bit dark, a little on the moody side, which I love, no matter the time of year. Jon makes these beads in great variety, colors and patterns. He creates the digital images and transfers them to the clay. You'll enjoy a walk through his shop if you haven't been there before, or if it's been a while since you have.

The first pair I made for Earrings Everyday two weeks ago when the earrings, at least the focal beads, were damaged by a Lab's wagging tail and a cup of coffee. They actually changed a bit since last time and I added a second pair. Both are wrapped with oxidized coper. The first has four round, brass dangles hanging from the holes on a copper beadcap, topped with natural nuggets of beautifully rustic Turquoise, the other beadcap, a couple of vinyl beads and a yellow glass bead.
With the second pair I got to use the gorgeous handcrafted Lampwork glass beads made by our own Kimberly Rogers of Numinosity and Numinosity Beads.  Two tiny brass teardrops provide a change of shape and texture.  

The light weight of the polymer beads gave me a little more freedom to "build" without worrying about the weight.

That's it for me this month. Have a Great Day! I'll be back on April 5th.

p.s. I take my photos in natural light, and it was about the worst day possible for picture taking. I apologize for the poor quality of the images.


Norbel Marolla



8 comments:

  1. Utterly splendid, Norbel! Moody is a great word. Might work in your shop item descriptions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I love the word; it suits me. :) Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. And these are going to be all mine *smiling from ear to ear*. Woohooo. Thank you so much for introducing this (to me) new artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine, I was so surprised!! I'm glad you loved them! I think you'll find you'll like them even more in person. Thank you!! And yes, check out Jon's shop!

      Delete
  3. I love these Norbel, I have never ordered from Jon, but he cranks out some lovely items. What you did with them is pretty spectacular too!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn; I always appreciate your feedback! I do love Jon's work. And he has some very cool brightly colored image beads right now. Also, because he creates the images himself, they most often can be duplicated. :) thanks again!

      Delete
  4. Norbel! I guess I wasn't paying attention when you posted these. I like what you did with Jon's tiles. Thanks for the shout out, my crusty barrels look happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe your crusty barrels are very happy! These photos are, putting it bluntly, quite rotten. :) But I had no choice. The weather doesn't listen to me when I ask it to change for my blog photos. ;) Your beads really pull out the same color in the images, not seen so well in the photos. ;) Thanks for the great glass!

      Delete