Pages

Monday, March 21, 2016

Spring Love and Bonus Beads

Hi, and here's another pair of earrings inspired by spring, it's atmosphere, colours and the light. I just love MissFickleMedia's green patinated hammered copper rings. 

On another note, do you see those pale pink bicone beads with golden stripes? I got them as a bonus freebee gift with a purchase last year. They are very pretty aren't they. I got only two of them. And an interesting phenomenon I have noticed when it comes to myself is that if I have only one or very few of a particular bead, I tend to be more lusting to use it in my designs. Seems like if something is rare it somehow becomes more valuable. Not necessary money wise, but more as if it is more unique and special and therefor more attractive. And I am always more attracted to things which are more unique. Goes for people, places, objects and just anything really. And beads of course.

Anyway, I wonder if any of you recognize this when it comes to your own bead stash? Or is it just me?

  • Patinated hammered copper rings by MissFickleMedia
  • Matte golden seed beads
  • Pale pink large bicone lucite beads with golden stripes
  • Pale pink druk glass beads
  • Messy wrapped oxidized copper wire
  • Handmade copper (oxidized) ear hooks

I wish you all a lovely Happy Easter and more wonderful spring weather.

All my best,
Malin



12 comments:

  1. I am with you on the rarity thing, Miss Malin! I think that is why I can't pass up an offer of orphan beads, even if I don't need them. I feel that I have to have them! These are lovely, for so many reasons, not the least of which is their rare beauty! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Let me tell you, I have so many of those OOAK beads that I hold onto for that special design. I'm so glad you shared your treasure with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we're all with you on that count Malin! I love these beautiful soft everyday earrings, simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wonderful beaded earrings provide me with awesome spring mood! Thank you so much for lovely post! Spring is here:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the color palette of these earrings. I thought spring had arrived here in NY, and then it snowed. smh Great post

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Malin. You have a soft touch. Lovely.
    Re the beads. . . if I have only two of something that I really love, I hold onto them forever, I don't want to let them go. I will eventually use them, but it might be a very long time. ;) Your earrings are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are just dreamy! Love how you played the peek of copper in the hoops against the peek of gold in the beads - so springy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet and pretty earrings. Are you in Greece right now Malin? :)
    As these remind me of the blossoms of the almond trees here, which are now bursting with lovely soft pink flowers.

    ReplyDelete