Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

GUEST POST :: Suhanna Hart of Buttoned Up Beads

Hello, lovelies! 

Sometimes we have an extra day or two in a month and when that happens we like to extend an invitation to designers that we enjoy to have them share their unique design perspectives. 

Today, the Earrings Everyday crew welcomes Suhanna Hart of Buttoned Up Beads. 

Suhanna is from the United Kingdom and creates jewelry that has a fresh, bohemian spirit. Her work has wonderful color and layers and textures. Check it out! ~Erin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Frida Earrings

I’d made several earrings with Petra’s (Scorched Earth) Frida charms but wanted this next pair to be different.  I focused on the flowers from the decal print and wanted to make a garland to go around the charms, but still wanted the pictures on the charms to stand out. I had oval-shaped connector rings which were just the right shape and size. The ear wires are handmade by Faerystones.


So I set about building my garland by wrapping small glass flowers onto the oval ring. After I’d wrapped about 3-4 I realised how bulky the earrings would become if I continued to wrap the flowers around the entire ring. I stopped at 5, then added some seeds. But then I thought having five 7mm flowers on one side and size 11 seeds around the rest of the ring will make the ring quite unbalanced in terms of weight. I found these butterfly connectors/charms and added those to the oval ring. 


I assembled the earrings (minus the leaf dangles) but they weren’t quite balanced enough for my liking and they looked a bit bulky so I added the leaf dangles to resolve this.


So we have Frida earrings with her flowers and butterfly garland. I hope you like them


Suhana Hart
Business name: Buttoned Up Beads
Blog: http://buttonedupbeads.blogspot.co.uk/
Etsy shop: www.buttonedupbeads.etsy.com

25 comments:

  1. Hello Suhana. Your Frida earrings are lovely, and very creative! Thank you for explaining your thought process; I always enjoy hearing what went into the making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suhana *waving like a crazy lady....* how good to see you here!! Love love love the earrings. Your trademark wire work is splendid as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Waving back Janine!!! Thanks so much xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Suhana, thanks so much for joining us as our guest poster today. I love these earrings, so many wonderful creative bits and pieces masterfully assembled! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristi!! Thank you so much for having me ❤️

      Delete
  4. incredible earring really and thanks for describing your designing process. Balance is everything. you learn so much when constructing even when you have a certain idea in mind and once you begin designing you soon find out which works and which doesn't.
    I especially like how you added the star shaped wire for the leaf dangles that adds depth. I'm certain I wouldn't have come up with that solution yet it works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling Suhana!! Explaining your process is very helpful, if your piece is out of balance it never looks right! Found that out the hard way!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith, yep know the feeling. Luckily this pair actually worked - but there are so many that don't 😁

      Delete
  6. Stunning earrings! Your wire wrapping is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The earrings are spectacular and one of a kind, Just like Frieda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed reading your process. I love all the elements that really bring to mind the joy of Frida that you included...the flowers, the wire wrapping, the butterflies. Thank you for being our special guest for today! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, Thank you and thank you for having me ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  9. Hello these are spectacular Suhana that's the only trouble isn't it weight! :/ But I think you have done really well with the balance xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suhana - fab earrings and some very clever touches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE THESE! I especially like the mix of textures - gives me ideas! Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete