Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Luck Of The Irish

True confession - I forgot that I had a blog post due today, but I had a touch of the luck of the Irish at the last possible moment.  A bout of insomnia roused me out of bed and into the living room.  I picked up my laptop, looked at the date on the screen and OMG, it was the 17th!  Sooo, I made these earrings, photographed them and here I am at 5:00 a.m. writing this post!  Although I'll undoubtedly feel sleepy all day, I have to believe that my lucky leprechaun must have been looking out for me.  And lucky for you, I now have these earring to share today.

 The ceramic hoops were made by Marsha Neal Studio.  I really liked the combination of creamy off-white with the green, so I added cream colored flower beads, some African glass and brass wire accents.

I plan to wear these later today, after I catch up on my sleep a bit.  Are you wearing green jewelry today?  Wishing you luck and happiness all day.  Happy St. Pat's!








3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud, Linda, picturing you seeing that date in the middle of the night. :) But you rose to the occasion! I think I would have just sat there filled with anxiety. lol Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was kind of funny. I was having trouble sleeping anyway, but when I realized that I needed earrings, photos & text asap, I wide eye awake!

      Delete
  2. Lol! I hope that despite of your sleepless night you had a great day! Earrings are lovely! I do agree with you, often when you realize that there is something you have to do ASAP, your sleep and laziness suddenly go away:)

    ReplyDelete