Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2016

At North Farm

I'm filling in again today. I thought I'd share this pair of earrings. You know when you spy something online and think, 'Yes! I know what I'll do with that!'? I'm sure you do. Sometimes, however, you receive the item and for some reason - size, or colour, or shape - what you planned isn't going to work.


I'd love to pretend that I whipped up these dinky crochet baskets. Sadly not. I spotted them being sold as ornaments on Etsy. I worried over whether they'd be too large but I took the plunge and ordered. I think if they'd been any larger they would have been too big, but as it was they were just right. Which left me with the task of putting together what I'd imagined.


All the while I was making them I had half a mind telling me, 'This isn't going to work', but, in the end, I'm rather happy with the outcome.  And I have five more mini baskets to play with! 

Claire

11 comments:

  1. You are always a great inspiration Claire. I think whatever the component or bead you are able to turn them into gorgeous jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, you truly do amaze me. Your creativity is so beyond imaginative. I can stare at these earrings for a good long while. Art. Nice to see you here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So extremely clever and what a great look! I just love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look amazing, what a clever idea! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little baskets are just Dreamy!!! I love what you created with them Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these. They look like a trip to the farmer's market on an early summer Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coolest earrings EVER. Good on you for snapping up those wee ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete