Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Fiasco

fi·as·co
noun
1.  a thing that is a complete failure

Not a complete failure; it is reparable; just not in time for this morning. Suffice it to say that a cup of coffee, a sweet Lab's wagging-with-excitement tail, and earrings with polymer clay components are simply not a good combination. Maybe I will share them in two weeks with the replacements. :)

So instead of the pair I made specifically for EE, I selected a pair of very recently made earrings.

Turquoise & Red is always a great combination
The beautiful glaze on the Bronzy Drops made by Petra Carpreau of Scorched Earth On Etsy, with the perfect amount of pooling at the tip, is so compelling! I've had these for a long time and could never settle on a way to go. I recently found these groovy vintage copper knot connectors, oxidized them and decided I had a start for the drops. The rest is colorful beads; the top bead is enameled on copper made by MaryAnn Carroll of Artisan Beads Plus. The remainder is 3mm glass beads strung on waxed linen.



I like the length, 2 3/4" / 6.98 cm, and the rustic "dress-up" the copper connectors provided, yet the final package is something I'd wear every day. They're just my style! :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by. Have a peaceful day. Happy March!

Norbel Marolla

16 comments:

  1. Yowza these are so pretty! I love the color of the ceramic drops paired with the mix of tiny Czech glass and the red rounds above. What a great combination! The dark metals really set off the colors. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yowza! I love that! Thank you so much, Cindy.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful earrings. Hope your recue mission for the other pair will be successful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I actually purchased 6 pieces in a set, and received two more. So although not all of them are the same, I do have others to work with. I will re-make the for the 16th. ;) Thank you!

      Delete
    2. If they are not all the same, you can make a mismatched pair.

      Delete
  3. Love them Norbel! You are my earring idol, LOL, no but in all seriousness, your designs are always so unique and very "you", love these little drops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I appreciate your complimentary words!! And thank you for stopping in! We all appreciate that. I love more than anything that you say they are "you". That's the best. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Love them Norbel! You are my earring idol, LOL, no but in all seriousness, your designs are always so unique and very "you", love these little drops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot of texture and interest in these. I love the soft, rich colors. And I would love to see this 'fiasco'... I had one of those recently with some polymer clay, but then I turned it into something even better! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin! I will be re-making them for my post on the 16th. I purchased a set so I have more pieces to work with. Thanks again!

      Delete
  6. There is a lot of texture and interest in these. I love the soft, rich colors. And I would love to see this 'fiasco'... I had one of those recently with some polymer clay, but then I turned it into something even better! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great rescue then Norbel! Maybe we'll see the fiasco earrings soon. You have a name for them anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm crazy in love with these lady!!! awesome work, ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're awesome, Lynn! Thanks so much! And congratulations on the print! :) So well-deserved. Thank you!

      Delete
  9. These are awesome Norbel, and so very you. Love each and every element of these. They have the perfect flow. I hope the rescue will be successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Janine! You make my day! :) Thank you!!

      Delete