Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Crocus, Anyone?

This morning I was admiring the recent posts here on the EE blog and was struck by the color palette--we all seem to be in the mood for spring pastels, including me, for once. I'm usually not one for pastels, as I prefer bold earthy darker hues. But the recent warmer weather, sunshine, and brisk breezes have me in the mood for crocus purple, anemone blue, and hyacinth pink. 

At Tucson this year I snagged a handful of matched agate drusy earring pairs in beautifully muted pastel hues. The adjective "glam" is not a word I would typically use to describe my jewelry, but when I saw these soft little drusies I was struck with a vision of sparkle. And so the past week I've been working on a series of metalworked post and drop earrings featuring these wondrous little miracles of nature.

This particular pair features a beautiful pair of amethyst drusies in soft lilac purple with a warm amber tinge. I created simple sterling silver bezels and then accented the shapes of the stones using some of my beloved cratered hand-cast granules. I wanted to design these post/stud earrings so that when worn, the shape and sparkle would really light up the curve of your lobes.


I'm still working my way through all 10 pairs of these, so stay tuned in about a week to see the results! 

 




Happy Wednesday and Happy Spring!

Nikki

LoveRoot on Etsy

7 comments:

  1. just beautiful and what a joy to see them from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki. . . . it really doesn't matter what colors you select at any given time, and the pastels are gorgeous!!, regardless, your work is YOU. Undeniably you. And always incredible. You are an amazing inspiration to me, and I'm sure to many whether they say it or not. These are another beautiful example of your skill and talent. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't go making me all teary on a Wednesday, dammit! Thank you so much for your always kind words and encouragement.

      Delete
  3. Stunning! Kim and Norbel have just said it all so I have nothing more to add, other than stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drop dead gorgeous! (isn't that a weird expression?) Love these!

    ReplyDelete