Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Moorland

It seems an age since I posted here last. I haven't made that many earrings recently but I did rustle up a few pairs at the weekend for a market last Sunday. I wanted some simple designs, just using lovely components in a simple way.


You've got to love a freebie and Petra of Scorched Earth is always so generous with the extras she sends.  These spikes were included in my last order and I just love them.  I'm so glad I got them because I probably wouldn't have instantly picked them out in her shop, but the colours are so luscious in the flesh. They remind me of banks of heather on moorland. 


They're a great match for the pyrite and frosted mookaite and the little jump ring embellishment / what-do-you-call-it (what do you call it?).  They're available here in my Etsy shop.

Bye for now, Claire

www.somethingtodowithyourhands.com
www.somethingtodo.etsy.com


10 comments:

  1. Whatever you call em, I love the movement and texture on those little jumprings! You need to coin some kind of special name for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are yummy colors, shape, and texture! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and moody! I love the finishes and colors you've combined here, the stacked rings are a great touch. Love Petra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Claire! Love the color combo...so natural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Claire! And freebies to boot! love the golden bronze colors together. These have a rustic and yet really elegant look at the same time. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, love the stacked textured jumprings!! And the colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh so very very pretty! I absolutely love the style and the colors. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that little jump ring embellishment, and the colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard them called love knots, but somehow that sounds a little rude. Maybe that's just me....they are lovely earrings - Petra's spikes always do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazing...perfect for autumn and on into winter. I would wear them daily!

    ReplyDelete