Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Ice and Spice

The earrings that I'm sharing today are something of a hybrid, I guess.



I'm getting over my autumnal design frenzy and have my mind focused on winter-y pieces.  There's some autumn warmth in the frit-ty torch-fired panels, which I got from Georgie at 4ophelia.  She has some lovely pieces available at the moment. I ordered some more the other day and, just checking her shop, I can see more that are tempting me!



Here the spicy shades on the panels strike a contrast with the frosty white, icicle-like, recycled glass shards.  As I've said before, I do like a spiky bead!  I finished these with some vintage ribbed washer beads and freshwater button pearls.  They're available here in my Etsy shop.

Bye for now, Claire

www.somethingtodowithyourhands.com
www.somethingtodo.etsy.com

5 comments:

  1. I had been looking at Georgie's shop a few weeks ago and admiring her work! It is pretty and so are your wintery looking earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that these look like flames in a fireplace. Perfect thing for a cold wintery day! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name is perfect for these fun wintery earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh soooo very very pretty!! Ice, and Spice and everything nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! The bubbled, crusty enameled sticks are divine with the clear frosted glass! Especially the toasty color of the enamel. The pearls are a lovely addition.

    ReplyDelete