Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Confetti Hoops

Confetti Hoops
I was captivated by these strands of tiny multicolor lampwork glass rondelles from Indonesia --I grabbed up a pile of them! I wanted to use them all together in a riot of color. I constructed copper hoops for them, with hammered paddles on the end, and strung them on. Because of the paddles, I needed beads with bigger holes to slip over them, and this was the color assortment that sported the biggest holes--I like it! Then I connected the hoops to earwires via recycled glass discs in sea green, and wired little seed beads in robin's egg blue onto the earwires.

I've been in kind of a confetti mood--THIS really appeals to me too, from BabaYagaFashion, a UK shop--oh for the youth and guts to wear it!
Upcycled Skirt at Baba Yaga on Etsy
(I've marked this shop as a favorite, just in case I hit my head really hard whilst falling into the Fountain of Youth, and I emerge dewy and lithe, with the lack of inhibition common to traumatic brain injuries.)

I'm planning to make additional pairs of these earrings sporting different colors, and probably without the glass disc. This was kind of a prototype, to see if it would work. They are fun to make!


(All of the beads in these earrings are from Happy Mango Beads.)

You can see (a very tiny bit) more of my work at my Etsy shop.

9 comments:

  1. Darling earrings! I just love the sweet little glass beads.Thanks for sharing the source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy yummy!! I love all the wonderful colors and this design is cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - love all that colour. That cross of wire at the top is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome earrings! I love the playfulness of these earrings! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful earrings! Love the wire work and the X at the top. Adds tons of character. Great colors and the beads are luscious! I especially love the sea-foam ones at the top that look like recycled glass. As always- i love the ear wires!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these earrings! So cute! I have some of these beads too and have been wondering what to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun earrings. Your handmade findings really rock too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! These are SO much fun!! Really pretty and happy! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete