Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

For the Love of Purple

 http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=purple&term_meta[]=purple|typedI've said it before and I'll say it again. Pinterst is the place for inspiration. Do you use Pinterest? If so, what for? Do you have a love/hate relationship like I do? I shouldn't say that. I don't hate it at all. I just know that I loose all sense of time and the real world when I am there. You can get lost in a sea of images. Anything you are looking for... anything. 

So today it's purple. And you can find purple anything on Pinterst. From cake, flowers, candy, shoes, hair, fingernails! It's all there. 

So how about some earrings? 

These earrings were built around the focal beads you see in the center. Handmade polymer clay beads with a Kaleidoscope, millefiori pattern. You may or may not know, I have been working on some ceramic beads this year. And with my renewed interest in bead-making, I have opened up my boxes (and boxes) of polymer beads and supplies again. 

I packed up my beads and supplies seven years ago and honestly never looked back. Until recently. When I was working with polymer clay I never ever dreamed I would leave it. I couldn't imagine my life without it. If you've ever worked with it, you know it can be all-consuming. 

So while unpacking some things I found these beads. I was immediately captivated with the pattern, and colors. I particularly love the purple and how it stands out against the grays.

The beads sat on my work table for a few days. I would look over at them periodically and again admire the colors and patterns of the beads. 

As a jewelry designer this is part of my process. Just having something on my work table for a while seems to work on my subconscious, I think. And again, just browsing the color on Pinterst I think kind of spurs on the process of the design and bringing the elements together.  

I have paired the clay beads up with some purple Furnace glass, hand forged fine silver hoops and tiny Czech glass beaded dangle. 

Be sure to checkout the Earrings Everyday Pinterest board for more beautiful earrings and inspirations! http://www.pinterest.com/kristibowman/earrings-everyday/ 

Do you use Pinterest? If so, what for? Do you like it and find it useful? Please share your thoughts with us! 

Peace, Cindy 
Art & Soul Jewelry
Art & Soul Jewelry Pinterst 

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh fabulous earrings! I'm a huge fan of your Polymer Clay Beads work, and they make these earrings absolutely stunning! The design, pattern and colors, wow! So glad you're re-opening the door (at least a bit) to your PC creations. I too, love Pinterest, and I have to be very careful not to spend the whole day on there. I'm a visual person, it's heaven for me there, but I don't get anything done LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those polymer clay beads are stunning, just beautiful! Love these earrings. I am addicted to Pinterest as well and you're right, you can find absolutely anything on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the purples (actually these would be perfect with my outfit today!) and those kaleidoscope beads are great! I look forward to seeing where this interest in beadmaking takes you. I love Pinterest, but over the last year or so I haven't been able to access it during the day which is a shame as it was a respite in my world. It is the last thing I think about late at night when I am finally in my studio. I do so love it and wish that I could use it more! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I had no idea you played with Polymer too, those beads are gorgeous!! I adore purple and the earrings are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Perfect color...can't go wrong with purple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your polymer pieces are great - really subtle. I love the dinky dangles on these earrings. Pinterest? Well, I'm better at controlling my use than I was; still love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the mix of violets and plums--and with the silver? YUM! Love the multiple segments on these, and I am so IMPRESSED with your polymer beads! You are a multi-genius.

    ReplyDelete