Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Shades of Autumn

When I spotted these gorgeous lampwork headpins by Nikki Thornburg, of Thornburg Bead Studio,  I just had to have them...they are so pretty and reminded me of Autumn, my very favorite season. I paired them with a Czech bead and a copper disc that I hammered and then patina-ted. I also mixed metals which I rarely do (although I should because I really like when others do it!).

Here are the current shades of Autumn from my home in Kentucky



To see these earrings or more of my work, check out my website

Thanks :)

Kristy Abner

Kristy's Kreations
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Those ARE gorgeous headpins--I assumed they were Czech leaves or something but I'm so impressed they're lampwork! Love the subtle coloring (going to have to bookmark that shop for future reference!) I think the mixed metal really works in this--I don't try it as often as I like either but I always like the results--keep doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and fall-like. I love the hammered circles.

    ReplyDelete