Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Leafy Love


There are still a few dark, damp and deeply scared leaves clinging to the trees. Just a few more days remain before the branches release their finery and their knotty fingers reach forlornly to the cold gray sky.

These brass leaf earrings with their embossed veins and their new spring green and aqua color remind me to appreciate the color of green when it returns in the spring. Until then, I am grateful that I get to wear cozy sweaters and earthy hues that can be punctuated by pops of bright color.

I don't have the occasion to dress up that often, but when I do I like to wear classic styles with just a touch of quirk. I would pair these earrings with a brilliant green top that would stand out in the gray days ahead paired with a tweedy pencil skirt. And I am so glad that I never got rid of my leopard print pumps as they are back in style with a vengeance. 

Coral is the perfect foil to all this bright green and makes the green a neutral with its in-your-face-kapow color.


I can be fine with the coming winter as long as I can surprise even myself with these escapees from the Crayola factory.

Of course, I am usually wearing jeans, a t-shirt and cardigan and a pair of flats. But if I were to dress up, this is what I would choose to release my inner goddess.

What outfit would tell your story?

Erin Prais-Hintz invites you to go on a journey of inspiration at her blog Treasures Found :: Inspiration is Everywhere. You can view a gallery of her work and purchase your special wearable art treasure at http://www.tesoritrovati.com/ or find her line of 'Simple Truths' pendants in her Etsy shop.


8 comments:

  1. What a happy thought - that we will see green again! Beautiful earrings, each component is awesome! I knew right away they were your creation! also love the outfit, that's my kind of top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely earrings. And really like the touch of coral in the mood board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very fun! Love the lively greens and layered leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both those sets of charms! They're perfect together. Lovely with the brass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect color combo, great design, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those Erin...love the colors and what a perfect combo you picked out to wear with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the green peeking out from the lovely brass leaves!

    ReplyDelete