Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Lotus Awakening


{Lotus Awakening for Sale in the Tesori Trovati webstore}
I had these little new old stock raw brass flower filigree bead caps. I bought them to enamel. That was before I took the class with Barbara Lewis and discovered that it won't work on raw brass. I didn't want to give up on them, so I decided to see what would happen with the new Vintaj metal patinas.


The colors are very vibrant, they can be layered, but you have to work quickly because they bond to metal  and dry fast. This is a few colors of the patinas blended together and paired with amethyst.

I would pair these earrings with this beautiful purple jersey infinity scarf from LenitaGM on Etsy.


 And this recycled bomber jacket turned hip bag by my friend Lori from Studio Waterstone on Etsy. I am seriously tempted to buy this bag. I just recently bought one of Lori's recycled bomber jacket bags in teal because I couldn't wait. Now I want this one in black, too!
{Look at the color inside this one! Squee! Trust me, you want this... I sure do!}

7 comments:

  1. Clever and cute earrings! Really sweet! The scarf and the purse are tempting too! I don't dare buy another purse, so you go right ahead, it has your name on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute ^.^, I have been meaning to try out Vintaj metal patinas but I haven't been able to find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - those earrings are gorgeous! And I must say, you picked a great ensemble. Thanks so very much for mentioning my bag and shop with such sweet words. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the patina turned out on the bead caps. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good to know about the raw brass! I still have enameling on my "someday" to-do list. These turned out great! I love the delicate touch you used in just dabbing it on, and letting the metal show through a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work. Creativity does not take no for an answer, it just takes a bit more time to get to the goal you originally set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tip on the metal patinas... Paint it on, layer it, and then when dry (like seconds later) scrub some off with a Scotch pad or nail file or something!

    ReplyDelete