Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Summer of Love


With the unseasonably warm, sunny days up here in our alpine nook, I can't help dreaming of summer. And these long, swingy earrings, with their carved flowers, make me think of a certain song, and certain summer

If you're going to San Francisco,
be sure to wear some flowers in your hair...
If you're going to San Francisco,
You're gonna meet some gentle people there.

I wasn't actually there--I was just a few months old at the time--but it's fascinating to read about, and to ponder what, if anything, remains of that summer in our culture.

Heavy thoughts, over a pair of hippie earrings. But from what I can see of the pictures from that event, people were really into accessorizing. Right on.

You can see more at my Etsy shop, or at my blog.

4 comments:

  1. I love these--everything from the sweet blue bead at the top, to the coiled dangle, to the brown flower. I have been to San Francisco, but would love to go back with my husband and kids. It's a fabulous city! Thanks for bringing back those memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful - the coiling is the perfect touch to the carved flowers! I was lucky enough to visit San Franciso about 12 years ago - I loved it so much I wanted to move there! One of my all time, favorite cities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you! I love those earrings, and I love the song, and I love the idea of that time too! I was born in 1965 (too late) but always felt like I should have been there! I love the blue beads on the ear wires too!

    ReplyDelete