Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cream in My Coffee

I love coffee. I am completely addicted. Every day after I drop off the kids at their respective schools my car automatically steers itself to my favorite local coffee shop, Emy J's (do you have one of those, too? I hope you support your local coffee shop!).

I always order the same thing: 20 oz house blend with room for cream. Except on the days when they brew their fresh roasted Costa Rican. And the rare times when I treat myself to my signature drink: Erin's Vanilla Chai Zinger (chai tea latte with vanilla syrip and one to two shots of espresso - yum!).

{cream in my coffee - treasures for your ears - on Etsy}

These sweet and tiny lampworked beads from Pinocean are the perfect shade of creamer in my coffee. I know that it will taste right if it looks like this.

{latte art picture from Wikipedia}

And here is a poem that I wrote called "Ode to Emy Js"

This place is special
The roaster in the corner
churns out the burnt toast smell wafting out the door and across the parking lot
luring me in
Tables cozy and unique
with colorful tile mosaics
encouraging lingering
The churning and shushing of the
espresso maker
bubbling over with foam
delicious
liquid courage
to face my day
I cannot live without
They know me here by name
my special request
vanilla chai zinger please
This cup is
a frothy work of heart
helping me to face whatever comes next and
ensuring that I will
be back
tomorrow.


Erin Prais-Hintz invites you to go on a journey of inspiration at her blog Treasures Found :: Inspiration is Everywhere. You can view a gallery of her work at http://www.tesoritrovati.com/ or purchase her new line of 'Simple Truths' in her Etsy shop.

7 comments:

  1. I am already in love with coffee, but now, Erin, you've inspired me to find a "local" coffee shop to fall in love with too! =) Lovely earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those earrings would be another way to charge up the day! Very fun! And I especially liked your phrase,"a frothy work of heart"! Nice photos, too, but now I miss coffee more than ever! You all enjoy it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since the WI Wool Exchange moved next door to Emy J's, I've been meaning to stop in to check it out. After this post now I KNOW I need to make it a priority to get there next time I come to Point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute earrings, sweet story. Everyone needs a familiar place where "everyone knows your name"......your lucky to have found yours.
    We all need to support our local bead shops, coffeeshops, those "little guys" out there trying to stay in business.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute earrings...love Pinocean beads, and love your poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great earrings, lovely little poem and how wonderful that you have a local coffee shop to visit each day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a coffee drinker myself being Mormon, but the earrings are delicious all on their own!

    ReplyDelete