Pages

Monday, August 21, 2017

Pretty insect wings

Hello!
I am Sue from Utterly Lovely Stuff and I'm so happy to contribute to this rather fabulous blog :-)

I've been making jewellery for several years now, and love making earrings most of all. I have an enormous stash of Petra Carpreau's gorgeous ceramic pieces (ScorchedEarthonEtsy ) so turned to this when I was looking for inspiration for this blog. Petra's work is inspired by nature -shells, leaves, flowers etc and her pieces never fail to inspire. These gorgeous insect wing decal droppers leapt out at me. Wings of all descriptions seem to be very popular in earring designs at the moment (see Erin's previous post and beautiful moth inspired earrings). I love Petra's take on this current trend. The colours in both of these pairs are beautiful, they're like little impressionist paintings -gorgeous!

I wanted a slightly different design for both pairs. For this first pair, I added some czech glass roller beads, some layers of pretty black chain for contrast (and to give them a layered look) and some picasso seed beads to finish them off. Love the yellow and pink in this pair.





For the second pair, I used another pair of czech glass roller beads (these are great because of the wide holes) and added some pretty purple seed beads in loops (this was a fiddly business!) and finished these off with some delicate silver plated leaf chain for contrast





Hope you like them. These pretties are available in my etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/utterlylovelystuff

See you in a couple of weeks


19 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I am sooooo happy you have joined the team! You know I love your earrings and these two pairs are no exception. Petra's work is wonderful and you certainly did her art beads justice. I like what you did with the seedbeads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janine! Delighted to be here. And you can't go wrong with Petra's beauties

      Delete
  2. Hi Sue, welcome!!!! Sooo happy to see you here �� And these earrings are gorgeous!!! And so are the Petra beads (I have an enormous stash too ��) ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing wings by Scortched Earth and I really love what you did with them. Beautiful earrings!! Welcome to our blog, so happy to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you joined us Sue. Another big fan of Petra' work (not talking about stashes, are we?) and you do wonders with them. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lindsay!
      Best not talk about Scorched Earth stashed...

      Delete
  5. Fabulous earrings! I love the added touch of the silver leaves chain.... so pretty!! So glad you've joined us xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathalie! Love that silver leaf chain. It pops up in lots of designs!

      Delete
  6. Sue, both pairs are wonderful! You are so right about Petra's pieces inspiring. I have a pair of bird wings right now that I just love! And believe it or not, I have sitting next to a pair of. . . . wanna guess. . . . "roller beads!" How funny, eh? I love the little details in your earrings. Just my style. ;) Thank you for joining us, Sue. I really do look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to see you contributing here, Sue! And your earrings are gorgeous--I particularly love the roller beads (there are so many stunning colors and textures of rollers available that you could make dozens of stunning earrings using just those beads alone)! I love what you've done with the insect wings in combination with the rollers. And as a lover of "fiddly" stuff, brava on the seed beads! I'm looking forward to what you'll make next. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks meridy! Oh those fiddly seed beads nearly finished me off! And I think those pretty roller beads were donated by the very kind Suhana Hart

      Delete
  8. Those earrings are so ethereal and mysterious! I love the shape of the beads and the extra details with the chain and the wire wrapping. I especially love the movement of the first pair. Very pretty! Welcome to the team! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comments and the warm welcome Erin :-)

      Delete