Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

oh yeah. . . here it comes

Hello! I do hope this day finds everyone healthy and well and simply enjoying the day.

When I sat down on Sunday to make a pair of earrings for today, it had been a rough few days out there in the world, for all of us. As much as I say that creating is the time I am able to shut off my mind from the world and simply let myself "be," I don't always sit down and flick the switch and the thoughts stop. This was definitely one of those times. . . . . so much running through my mind. And it all felt so dark. . .

I didn't have a plan; I often have at least a vague idea, or I have them made in advance. I have different ways I use to inspire myself. Sometimes I don't need any; other times absolutely nothing will spark me. This day I decided to pull out, or bring closer, pieces from all of my favorite artisans. . . well, most of them, and only one pair each. I know that often simply going through my treasures will lighten my mood. After I lined up a whole lotta pairs, I realized I had selected all colorful pieces. It was a great assortment of styles and materials, ceramics, lampwork, pewter, copper, etc., but all of them colorful. It was an interesting exercise because it was not at all planned. The other interesting thing is that most of them were -- oh yeah. . . here it comes. . . . Autumn like! 😁

I don't mean to bring it up too early! At least I hope it doesn't offend. I know that summer is all too short in so many places, including here in Michigan, but these years, I don't at all feel sad that summer is ending. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I won't go into another whole slew of emotional things but in a nutshell I find it soothing, invigorating, melancholic, joyful, peaceful, all those things and more rolled into one.

And the winner of my rows of Artisan Beads were these gorgeous ceramic leaves by Petra Carpreau, ScorchedEarthOnEtsy. In person they have a beautiful glossy shine.

Earrings Available Here

I realized late last night as I was uploading the photos here that I had not photographed these to reveal their best. There are lovely areas of metallic coppery pink on the leaves, not revealed due to angle, light and the placement of the "berries." They were made so that they are situated more to the yellow/green side of the leaves when hanging. They aren't real floppy either so as I was handling them, I must've pushed them over a bit and ruined the pictures! lol I apologize. heavy sigh. . . it's always something. 😉

I used Czech glass beads of Gilded Whiskey, Coral Picasso, and Turquoise Picasso Tube Beads on waxed Irish linen, oxidized copper wire, 6mm flat, square Turquoise stones, a beautiful shade of Green Turquoise Picasso glass and the same coral, no metal except for the wire. 

As always, I sincerely thank you for visiting. I hope you enjoy the remainder of the summer. I'll be back just after Labor Day. 

Tomorrow you will be meeting and totally enjoying, I'm sure, another new regular contributor to the Earrings Everyday Blog. I know you will love her!

Norbel
She Flies Again                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

14 comments:

  1. How beautiful Norbel! You have such an eye for detail! Love the tiny criss-cross wire work!! These little things thrill me to no end!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I am just like that. Love love details. Thank you so much for your kind words. And for joining us!! That's another great little detail that thrills me! :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Loralee, you have such a great eye for detail Norbel. The colors of the Czech beads mirroring the colors in the leaves, the criss-cross of your wire work (your signature design), the knotted dangles (another signature design. It all comes together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine, you are so generous with your words to me. You always warm my soul and make me smile. Thank you, Dear Friend. I do hope all is well with you and yours. New crisis going on here. . . . talk soon.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous work. Thank you for sharing your process. Thank you for showing us one way to pull back from exterior drama. Love your new background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susan. I appreciate you! Thanks on the background, too. More to come. :)

      Delete
  4. Who could fail to be impressed and enthused by these beauties Norbel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsay, that is an amazing thing to say. I thank you, most sincerely. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. So pretty! The nights have started to cool down here, and there's a bit of Fall in the air. It's my favorite season, and these earrings are not only perfect for Fall, but also, given the lovely colors, the perfect season 'transition' earrings too. Wonderful earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Nathalie. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Norbel, fall has always been my favorite season too. I used to associate it with the beginning of the school year, which I always looked forward to, but it was also the turning of the leaves and the cooling of the air. I grew up in northeastern Ohio, and by October it was a glorious crisp fall! Your earrings wholeheartedly evoke that, and I absolutely love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Meridy. It is a heavenly time of year for me. Just something about it. Thanks for the kind words on the earrings. I appreciate it. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. These are beautiful Norbel . I'm also happy for summer to be nearly over, it's my least favourite season. Autumn (Fall) and winter for me all the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suhana. Oh how I hate to complain. . . but hot summers just do me in. :) Yay Autumn!

      Delete