Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Faerie Grove

My inspiration for my EE earrings this week came from something I'd stashed away in the past.  😊

Faerie Grove


I'd had most of the elements for these tucked away together in a baggie for a long time--at least a year, probably longer.  I knew the pretty spotted tanzanite lampies by Terry Turner and the silvery leaf charms would make cute earrings; I just didn't know exactly HOW.  So I stashed them in the bag with a few other beads and put them away...and this week, I decided to sit down with them and figure out what they would be.


I took some of the beads in the bag out of the running.  I loved the Thai silver beads that were in there, but they just weren't quite right, and neither were a couple of other things that were in the bag.  I decided to make the tanzanite color a focus, as I love the color, and the little Swarovski and Czech rondelles were perfect, in hue and in size, keeping the earrings sleek and simple and lightweight. The pretty little Nunn Design antiqued silver bead caps added just the right touch too without adding bulk to a slim, light earring. 

   
It was fun finally seeing these earrings come into form.  I hope you like them.  💗

Thanks for reading!  I'll be back in a few weeks with more.  

xoxo
Meridy



10 comments:

  1. These components where meant to be put together Meridy. You were right, the leaf charms and lampies did make cute earrings. These are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very kindly, Janine! It's funny how things can sit and sit and then--boom!--it's finally the right time for them to come to life as more than component parts. Do you do that?--stash things away together that feel like they might work together? I think I do that because I have other things going on in the moment and don't want to lose focus on them. Or maybe it's just my tendency to always be distracted by the pretties... ;)

      Delete
    2. It is a very clever idea Meridy, to stash things together. I haven't done this before, but will certainly start. I am not always able to make the jewelry at the moment I think of it, due to the way we are living. But to stash it for a time when I can make work space sounds like a wonderful idea.

      Delete
  2. They are perfect together! So delicate and pretty. Great combination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sue! I really was trying for delicate (and elegant), and I'm glad that they feel that way to you. :) <3

      Delete
  3. Fabulous, Meridy! I do love how slime and elegant they turned out. I have several baggies with ideas that have sat around for a long time, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful Meridy. I do that too, put things together in little bags in the hope that I may be able to put them together at some point in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love hearing the stories of how your earrings came to be. I find common areas in our processes, and then others that are really inspiring. It is very challenging to create beauty and drama in slim and lightweight. We can all keep adding length and more stuff and create a piece of art; wearing them is another story. I focus a lot on weight, so I get it. And you did absolutely awesome keeping them slender, also. Awesome all the way around! Thank you, Meridy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I love those long leaf/feather components! Since most everything I have is in a growing stash pile, I can relate in that I have more supplies than I will know what to do with! I bought those stacking black trays with the inserts and made use of the little openings, but all I have done is stack that, and move it around. Time to make those beauties see the light of day! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete