Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Swinging Lightly

I'm finding that the smallest of polymer pieces that I've made are so versatile.
The double holes afford more options in designing
I often get remarks from women that find they can't wear heavy earrings anymore but enjoy the length and variety of the boho style.
Using lots of jump rings both steel and copper you can achieve length and lightness.
I found these little glass baubles with a sort of titanium light iridescent finish recently to lightly swing.

The polymer pieces are so easy to make. I used the Blue Bottle Tree Rustic Beads tutorial for the varied affect.
You can see that the bauble beads have a hole from side to side across the top.
 I was so happy that the hole was big enough to accept a jump ring.
Copper earwires by Faerystones

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you that will be celebrating today!

Thanks for looking at my NuminosityBeads Creations!
Kimberly Rogers

i n s t a g r a m    www.instagram.com/numinosity/
p i n t e r e s t  www.pinterest.com/numinosity/
and my f a c e b o o k auction and sale group 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful beads! I like your use of the rings. I think these would have great swing and movement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good soulution to the more heavier earrings? Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could design earrings to the floor if weight wasn't a concern but alas some folks can't handle the weight.

      Delete
  3. Lots of movement in these pretties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janine. It's a challenge to lighten them up.

      Delete
  4. I just had a local show this past weekend and smaller, lighter earrings was the comment I heard most so I am going to focus on that more in the future. I love your polymer pieces and those drops are gorgeous, I want some!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I hear that a lot with my designs so I'm trying to lighten up a few series as well.

      Delete
  5. I didn't realize you worked with polymer, Kim. These are great. Like you, and others, I have been trying to be much more aware of the weight. I think I'm going to buy a scale, too. Often some of the things we make look heavier than they are, but then often mine have gotten too heavy, no doubt. I've always mostly shied away from polymer clay; but it such a great option. Thanks for the reminder! Love the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I pretty much keep the polymer for myself. It's great to have a stash to go to. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Just love the glass drops here - and the polymer, of course. (PS. Swinging lightly? - makes me think of certain lyrics - just co-incidental?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure which song it may have been unless its subconscious. you never know!
      Thanks Claire

      Delete
  7. That tutorial is wonderful! I am always impressed with the Blue Bottle Tree! I like the idea of the two holes. That makes them wonderful as connectors, but I like that you made them the star in these. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete