Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Re-Cycle, Up-Cycle....It's all Good!!!

I must say that creating jewelry is a lot more fun when you can add interesting elements to the mix. Up-cycling, re-cycling, re-vamping....what ever you want to call it, I love doing it!! Like putting a puzzle together; mixing the old with the new to create quite the attraction. I have my favorite local consignment stores I hit about every week or so and always find something with potential.




These little pretties show off Austrian crystal flower sections from a retired Sorrelli necklace with stunning Artisan lamp-work by the extremely talented Terry Turner of Silverfish Designs.  I love her beads!!!










I think they're pretty drop dead gorgeous and even though they've already sold, I still have the rest of the necklace to make other pieces with, ☺







So next time your looking through your old jewelry or inherited pieces from family members that you don't wear, give it some new energy, you never know what you might end up with. 









Thanks for stopping by and I hope I did my job and brought your some inspiration ♥

My Etsy Shop
My Face Book Page

12 comments:

  1. I love all the interest elements you add to your work, both old and new. These are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristi, I was quite thrilled with them too, ☺

      Delete
  2. I love upcycling old jewelry that is broken into new pieces. But I check to be sure the piece is unable to be repaired or not worth anything before taking it apart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its fun isn't it Kathie!! This necklace was worth a lot, unfortunately the consignment store didn't do their homework and I got it for practically nothing. The necklace wasn't my style to wear, but taken apart, it has many options. Will probably make more earrings and a necklace too, who knows!!!

      Delete
  3. I am amazed when I open Facebook in the morning and, almost every day, you've posted another selection of real stunners. You've got this thing so sewn up! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Clair, wish it was my full time job!!!

      Delete
  4. There is nobody I know who does up-cycle, re-cycle and re-vamping as wonderful as you do. You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful creations. These earrings are no exception. Drop dead gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a challenge, but very very fun, Thank you Janine!!!

      Delete
  5. Love the old and new mixed, they are perfect partners. Beautiful colors and a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather, appreciate the feedback, ♥

      Delete
  6. Love the old and new mixed, they are perfect partners. Beautiful colors and a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these and the whole idea of re-using parts to make something new and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete