Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Spice Market

My head is filled with images of India as my muse has me traveling down a bohemian path lately.  I'm so taken with the bright and vivid colors of the spice markets of India, Turkey and Morocco.  They are amazing.  Along with the colors are the collections of textures and shapes that have my head spinning.  Yep, I could get lost.

(An unattributed photo from Pinterest.  It really is shame that people grab photos without sharing the original source.  I apologize.  I don't know if it's worse that I use the photo here or not!)


11 comments:

  1. Fantastic!! Love all the super bright colors and you know I like seeing sari silk wrapped like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cheerful and bright "Monday morning" earring! That touch of purple wrapped at the bottom is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of color! I can't wait to see what you are cooking up with these Indian spices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning! I immediately thought of a woman wearing a silk saree carrying a big basket of goods on her head. The wrapped ribbon and the colors of the earring elements work so perfectly together. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!
    Amazing combination of colours! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful rich colors, I love these earrings! India is such a rich source of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! The use of the silk....which perfectly matchens your beads....is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Heather! The colors and textures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Yum! The colour combo on these is fantastic! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful spice market picture.

    ReplyDelete