Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Peacock Blues

Peacock
These earrings are a custom order for a lovely young woman I will be telling you about soon on my blog. They are a kind of combination of some washer and bar earrings I have done before--my customer thought the washers would be nice combined with a longer element--I think she was right! The washers have been textured with a 1959 British half crown coin, and the bars were created from two short lengths of 14 gauge copper wire. I left the bars a little brighter than the washers so they would flash in the light.

The washers are about as big around as a quarter, but not terribly heavy.

You can see more at my Etsy shop.

5 comments:

  1. I love those Keirsten! Love how the blue just pops against the copper and the texturing is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! Your bead choice was excellent and your wire work amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the copper and the blues are amazing with metal work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I love how the blues and copper play off each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning! Love the darker blue with the copper, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete