Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rosy, Posy Hoops


I have been wanting to create some hoop earrings for a long time, but was a bit nervous about making the earwire part and making sure they closed securely, but weren't hard to take on and off.  I finally just sat down and played until they worked!  These are my rosy, posy hoop earrings...for some reason I had "ring around the rosy, pocket full of posies" on a loop in my head while I was making these!

The posies are layered copper components that were tortured into submission by me, then enameled. I wrapped them onto the hoops so they face forward.  I am in the process of putting together a quick little tutorial on these headpins with a twist...made especially for wrapping!  Stay tuned ;)


I created a little ensemble on Polyvore that I thought these would go great with...a very romantic, soft and feminine look...perfect for warm summer evenings!

rosy posy


Find these and more of my eclectic designs at Melismatic Art Jewelry!

13 comments:

  1. These are awesome. Would love a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squee! I love these! I have never attempted hoops that weren't premade, and all your hard work surely paid off. These are adorable. I am hoping to be hooked on enameling after my class. Cute outfit too!
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I've been thinking of Melinda Orr's hoops and how to play with them too. Love the enamel and mix of metals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the earrings and the outfit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!!!!!!!!! I've never taken on handmade hoops, these may inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Melinda Orr has a tut on this style on her blog right now--she beads them, but the configuration of the metal hoop base and the earwire is similar.

      Delete
  6. Okay, gotta learn how to do this so looking forward to your tute!
    As for the song... thaaaat may be my fault. Were you working on these last night? I was teaching our Nursery kids how to do "Ring around a Rosey" and, you know that age, I had to do it over and over... and over... and over.... So, y'know, my fault. I must've mentally sent it out into the ether and you picked it up. (snerk)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are magnificent!! You are so talented and inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous job you did on the hoops themselves. They look perfect. And your little posies are adorable. I would love to know how to draw such a huge bead on the copper wire. Mine are much smaller. Pooh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dip remaining 4 tortillаs intο sauce and prepare аbove secоnԁ layer.
    Home made bread іs not onlу hassle-free to make, but its higher for you.
    (Υоu аre aiming foг the regularіty οf ρeanut
    butteг.

    Fеel free to vіsit mу web page http://headcarl08.freeblog.hu/archives/2013/01/16/Old_stone_oven

    ReplyDelete