Pages

Friday, October 20, 2017

We're All Ears :: October Reveal :: Harvest Moon

Did you get to see the harvest moon this month? I am sad to report that I actually missed it, as it was pouring for 2-3 days. If you had a chance to spot it, I hope that you snapped a picture or two and did a little jig in it's light to release joy to the world!

I knew that I had the perfect components for this month's inspiration. A few weeks back I had stumbled into an online sale for enameled components from Gardanne. I went a little nutty saying "Mine!" and "BIN!" in the posts on her special Facebook page. So many that I really lost count. But I guess I didn't really care because I totally love her work. The colors are fabulous!

Typically, the Gardanne goodies that I have are leaves, which are beautiful. So I was completely smitten to see the new round shapes that she made. And they looked just like big ol' harvest moons.

The problem was that these were a large dapped disk shape so adding anything else to them really diminished their beauty. I tried other types of beads, from Czech glass to polymer clay to gemstones, and it just didn't work. I realized that I needed to let these charms speak for themselves.

So I decided to just add some lengths of my favorite chain in a chevron pattern. It took a lot longer than I thought it would to get the pattern and lengths just right. But in the end, I actually love the look of these. So simple. So full. So luminous. Just like the harvest moon.


Let's see what you made!

The LinkyTools will be open for the next 7 days and I would love to see what you made inspired by the MOOOONNNNNN! Join in the fun!



8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! These are so cool. They are indeed the perfect harvest moons. The chain addition is so cool too. The chevrons came out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the chain. You were lucky to grap those beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the enamel components. The balance between the crusty elements and the smooth shine is wonderful. It is a great idea to include chain for movement

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely! Those components really are perfect for harvest moon earrings... just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those enameled discs are beautiful and the chains down the back look perfect with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Erin, the chain is the perfect pairing for these...they lend a subtle grace in movement. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The disks are splendid but the chain dangles make a big difference! Fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete