Pages

Monday, October 16, 2017

A little bit of art in your ears

Hello! I have a showcase at the end of this month over on The Earrings Show on Facebook, so have been busy creating some new things for this. I thought I'd share a design I'm enjoying making at the moment, using Petra Carpreau's (of Scorched earth) beautiful art decals. I love these Klimt decal droppers (someone correct me if I'm wrong! I think they are Klimt). They are teamed with beautiful gold nugget beads by Maryse Fritzsch-Thillens and brass hoops to give a layered look. I've added some gold and silvery seed beads to pick up some of the tones in the decal prints. These seed beads are part of a new range at Smitten Beads, and oh they are lovely! They match this design pretty well


Next up, some more of Petra's decals, except this time a bit of Frida Kahlo. I doubled up the brass hoops this time, and kept things simple with freshwater pearls and pretty little blue czech beads to pick up the colours in the decal drops.
So there we are. Little works of art in your earlobes! These will be available at my showcase at the end of the month (details on my Facebook page). In the meantime, get yourself over to Petra's shop. There's a whole range of decals with different artists -bliss!
See you next time
Sue :-)

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Sue!! I have a ‘little’ stash of Petra decals 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always Sue. Especially the first pair. Love the layered design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful new pieces, Lovely Sue - Thank You for making my tiddlers look so hot! XXX:O)<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Sue! Klimt is hands down my favorite artist and you've captured the perfect mood with your design. My heart <3....I love them so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so pleased! Thank you Loralee! Love a bit of Klimt too. So opulent

      Delete
  5. Sue, you really work the Fine Art ceramics. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete