Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Dia de los Muertos




Hola!  Loralee here for a visit and I've brought a couple of friends with me today!



A festive pair of earrings using lovely unglazed skullies from Gaea Handmade.  I gave her a rhinestone necklace and a hand carved, two-sided, mother-of-pearl, rose crown.  She is wearing the perfect party dress by Inviciti! Yes, the lady can dance, as her dress moves freely from side to side!


La Catrina






Bold, vibrant, primitive crosses by JoesphineBeads paired with hand carved bone skulls that are two sided.  I wanted to keep the continuity of the cross and skull, so I made a fabric wrapped neck piece, joining the two.  I really love the way it looks!

Las Almas




The components are two-sided or finished on the backs so it actually could be used as a second pair of earrings if you flip them on the ear-wire with a pair of pliers.  The backs of the crosses are a bronze metallic and are beautiful.



¡feliz día de los muertos!





10 comments:

  1. Oh girl! Your skull earrings are so lush...your style is so rustic glam!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many, many thanks, Rejetta!!! Omg, rustic glam....love that!! :D

      Delete
  2. Most of the time I'm not happy with the 'skull' hype. but these earrings are gorgeous, especially the first pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you, I dislike a huge percentage of the skull items I see nowadays. I like and use Gaea'a skulls often for their earthy quality. I tried to blend both the traditional with the modern elements with these earrings. I'm so happy you like them!

      Delete
  3. Love that first pair of skullies wearing party dresses! You come up with the best designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my, oh my...these designs rock. Seriously rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wonderful - I love goth stuff and these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous, Loralee!! 💗

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loralee, you nailed it. . . . again! They are so cool. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete