Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2017

With love

Hello peeps.

First of all I apologize to you for missing my post two weeks ago. Somehow I managed to mix up the dates.

Currently I am in the Netherlands and spring is here. Yay. I love the soft greens of the new leaves, the pinks and whites of the blossoms. Birds are busy to build their nests or are hatching already. Everything comes alive. How about where you live? Has spring arrived yet?






Original picture from Di Keeble
Participating in the bead soup blog party, bead hoarders edition made me rummage through my tiny stash of beads. And gave me the idea to challenge myself for the rest of this year. For every blog here on Earrings Everyday I challenge myself to use art beads I have been hoarding for quite some time. Starting today.   

I have been hoarding these handmade polymer clay charms, made by Di Keeble for a very very long time. In fact, these were among the very first art beads I bought.
From these three I picked the two square ones. I like asymmetrical jewelry a lot, so one square and the rectangle one would be the natural choice. But I am not great in asymmetrical earrings. Necklaces or bracelets, not a problem at all. In fact to make these symmetrical is a problem for me. But asymmetrical earrings.... somehow I cannot master that. Luckily the print on the square ones are different.. so... just a wee bit asymmetrical.

The blue seeds beads did have the perfect matching color to accompany these charms, but they are tiny. Well, they are seed beads, so naturally they are tiny. So...what to do with them? These beads have 2 holes, so why not make a ring with them? I took out even more tiny seeds beads in white (the smallest beads you can buy) and beaded these rings. 
For a little pop of color I added a small Czech glass bead in dusty rose.








These earrings are available in my shopThank you so much for looking and I see you in a couple of weeks. Here on Earrings Everyday we appreciate and love to read your comments. So don't be shy and let us know your thoughts. 

Wishing you a wonderful day, full of joy, sunshine and spring flowers.
Janine
Esfera Jewelry

My website/blog  
My facebook page

11 comments:

  1. Dear Janine... The earrings are lovely! The round bead work at the top reminds me of tiny wreaths. Thank you for sharing! Hugs, Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise :) I am always happy to read your comments.

      Delete
  2. These are lovely. I like your challenge to yourself. I look forward to more of your hoarded bead earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann. The other challenge is not to forget to post LOL.

      Delete
  3. A beautiful shade of blue! Love what you have done with the seed beads. I've never been able to work with them - they make my eyes go all funny !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. I know what you mean. I can only work with seed beads during daylight, otherwise my eyes go funny as well.

      Delete
  4. I love these .I am new to using Polymer clay and this post has me really keen to make some earring charms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue for your comment. I can imagine that once you start making earring charms, you cannot stop. The possibilities are endless.

      Delete
  5. These are the perfect Summer earrings. A touch of whimsy really makes them stand out in a cool way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Nathalie! Your comment means a lot.

      Delete