Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Always Experimenting

I haven't been making a lot of earrings lately. I seem to be running out of venues now that I have decided not to drive the 100 miles each way that I had been to our Alaskan farmers market this coming summer. Similarly I am getting less and less fond of doing consignment with galleries and have all but pulled my inventory from them as well.
I continue to make components - lampwork, polymer and torch fired enamels and no am doing some fold-forming of copper as well

I was doing a little experimenting with some copper flashing that I picked up at a junkyard and wanted to see if I crumpled it up enough would it be sturdy enough for fold- forming and enameling
Here was the result of  my enameling which I wasn't super thrilled with.
I wasn't trying to be very exacting with the application of the enamel.

What I was happy with was the reverse side however!
They seemed like the perfect backdrop for my new Ivy's Garden resin charms from Susan Silverman.
She's been frequently listing on the LBA Galleria Elementals group on facebook.

Thanks for looking
Kimberly Rogers
https://www.instagram.com/numinosity/

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Nova, and you told me what earthiness this conjures up for you!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea to try the flashing! I agree with Nova Leigh, these are 'deliciously earthy' - fabulously earthy actually :) Keep on thinking outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathalie. I don't know if I can replicate it but I sure will try!

      Delete
  3. They look like crumpled tissue paper, only infinitely more sturdy - love the effect you're getting here, wizard! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if I could only manage to get the effect again I'd be onto something!

      Delete
  4. It's always fun to see what you come up with in your experimentation. The crunched up copper is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi, I will keep trying this technique until I'm satisfied that I know what I'm doing!

      Delete
  5. Always love your experiments - keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay, these earrings are mine for now until I can perfect the technique

      Delete
  6. Love the copper flashing earrings! They are very beautiful<3.
    Can't blame you for changing up how you feature your beautiful pieces.
    My last show was Dec 2016. Just to much to haul around. Time to sell my dividers, curtains, place cloths, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it's kind of the end of an era for me but not QUITe ready to sell all my displays ....yet!

      Delete
  7. Wonderful experiment Kimberly. Please do continue!!!

    ReplyDelete