Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Revamped Glam


A few weeks ago, I was browsing through a local antique store and found some really cool necklaces (see pic below) along with some other treasures like...plates...can't get enough plates on the wall, much to my husband's chagrin. I took two rhinestone pieces off of one of the necklaces and just knew that they needed to be earrings. I wanted to do something fun and kind of funky with them so I added chain, wire, a copper fleur de lis and two Magnesite stones. I just love the way they turned out and they are surprisingly lightweight!



Some of the treasures that I bought at "Look What I Found Antiques"

These are available for sale on my website .


Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

Kristy Abner

Kristy's Kreations

6 comments:

  1. Love, Love, LOVE! These are SO gorgeous - adding the copper was brilliant - I love the different in metals, textures and colors - and did I mention the flow of these Earrings - stunning! Always have fun when I'm going through my "vintage" things. So refreshing and inspiring to see your "revamped" pieces from the past <3 - super job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cool!!! Love how you used the rhinestone elements, and I love them with the magnesite. The copper adds the perfect warm touch! Those vintage rhinestone pieces are a real find, they're lovely in and of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Love re-purposing...and you did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mix of rustic and bling! Such a great idea. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete