Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October Maize


The colors in this gorgeous Purple Artistic Stone remind me of Indian corn, sun dried to warm rich gold, red and purple. This is my new favorite stone, similar to Red Creek Jasper and mined in the same area of China; I can't get enough of it! The colors are even more saturated than Creek Jasper making the patterns more dramatic. I have echoed the rectangular shape of the stones with these tribal copper charms from Kristi Bowman, that are the perfect complement to the stones.






Artistic Stone Earrings
Chrysalis Too on Etsy
Chrysalis Jewelry on Artfire

5 comments:

  1. I love purples mixed in with more traditional autumn colors, especially dusty plum tones. Love these charms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool Gloria, you always amaze me with what you create with my components and these are no different. Love those stones!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous earrings, Gloria, and Kristi, your components are wonderful--architectural and ancient-looking. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors and the jasper is my favorite stone.I use it in a lot of my work.Great Job and fantastic components.

    ReplyDelete