Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Coin of the Realm

Rosettes
These little rosettes were textured using a 1963 two shilling coin that was in my coin collection. I loved the intricate pattern on it! Over the weekend I textured about 25 little copper hearts and flowers with assorted foreign coins--you can see the process HERE.

After antiquing and tumbling it, I sat with this little flower in my hand for what felt like hours, thinking how I might embellish it. I finally settled on punching little holes at the tip of each petal, and adding a copper ball headpin swirled into a rosette. I added little Swarovski crystals in Vintage Rose to the earwires.


I picture these with a long flowing silhouette, feminine and filmy!
From Idea2LifeStyle on Etsy
You can see more of my metal "experiments" in my Etsy shop, or read about them at my blog.

13 comments:

  1. I love Keirsten and her jobs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keirsten...they turned out so lovely! These should be published!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I love it! You are so inventive and fun. I will have to see what foreign coins I have. I know there are some Jamaican, Bahamian, and Japanese coins in my collection. Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annealing your metal is key to getting this to work! get it red hot in the flame. Torch, Erin torch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a true creative spirit, Keirsten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour of copper.Though not as common as silver or some other metals I really like the rustic look of the metal and these are amazing designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful keirsten - i love how you balanced the rustic metal with a delicacy and lightness...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever, clever, clever! I saw your blog already on how you came up with this idea! I also like the look of the swirled headpin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw some of the pieces on hour blog...prior to antiquing...and they were beautiful! I am absolutley speechless, as these are so stunning!! Awesome, awesome creativity going on here! I LOVE them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore these. You are so creative Keirsten!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are breathtaking! The little rosettes are inspired! The whole thing is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are beautiful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This design is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete