Pages

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Let it Snow

This weekend we had the first snow of the winter up here in the north of England. We don't have it often, and it wasn't that deep compared to some areas, but still the kids were out on sledges and snowballs were flying. The roof of my conservatory-cum-studio was covered in beautiful ice patterns and I was contemplating the different patterns in the snowflakes. No two snowflakes are alike - each one is formed from a single ice crystal which falls through the atmosphere as snow. I was moved to dig out my stash of snowflake charms for this week's earrings - my last post before Christmas.
 




And who better to start with than our own Jetta ? These lovely blue and white snowflakes are incredibly detailed. With wooden 'branches' and swarowski pearl snowballs, they have a little winter woolly fibre scarf !














Here we have some vintage BoHulley pure white porcelain charms, with tiny pearls, bright red lampwork, and gingham connectors from Anna Pierson wired in red enamelled copper to Faerystone fancy earwires. 







Next up a bit of sheer glamour. Sparkly glossy Petra snowflakes with magnificent swirly silver lampwork beads from Juliette Mullett of Avette Glass.

And the final pair, below - the uniqueness of snowflakes - mismatched stoneware by BoHulley with spotty beads (have I told you Ultraviolet is Pantone Colour of the Year for 2018 - I'm so excited!) with Anna Pierson carved bone birdy nests and Faerystones violet earwires.







So, here we are....Merry Christmas to you all, have a lovely time and see you on the other side!
                                                        
                                                                     Lindsay

                                                                My Etsy shop
                                                            My Facebook page


12 comments:

  1. Wowzers!! These are all so gorgeous! Unique, rustic, just perfect for a winter wonderland time. I squealed when I saw the beauties you created with some of my blue snowflakes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty bunch! I'll stick to looking at these kinds of flakes.....as usual, just rain down here!XX:O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love them all Lindsay. Although it's still pretty warm here during the day (Yep, I spotted some tourists in swim suits), looking at these I almost feel the snow. You captured the winter wonderland pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband would be there in a flash Janine x

      Delete
  4. Awesome wintry beauty, Lindsay! Love them all, but I'm especially taken with the purple pair! Gorgeous! Anna's carved bone beads are so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meridy. I like those too - but then,they are purple!

      Delete
  5. All beyond wonderful Lindsay. Your work reaches new highs all the time. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete